Hook Norton Cottage style garden makeover designed in the early part of 2017 and constructed through the latter part of 2017 and into 2018. This garden located close to the village centre has been one of our biggest and most enjoyable projects builds to date. The design and planting scheme was an absolute joy and pleasure to create for the client. Thankfully the client was after a garden that was more heavy planting than hard landscaping. Yet the hard landscaping bought the garden together.
A south facing garden on a downward slope with the need to make maintenance easier and in time to work on the garden room principle. This will become more evident once the garden matures over time. The new garden features the following features:
- Circular lawn with radiating curved pathway and curved beds in the upper garden
- Border edging with Lavender Hidcote to create a fragrant hedge and to attract Bees
- Zoned planting schemes to garden with Hot Color plants to one side and Cool Color planting to the other
- Feature trees to provide the garden with height with coloured foliage, berries and flowers and to encourage birds
- Feature boundary trellis work to echo the overall design of the garden theme
- Narrow Granite sett paving providing access around the entire garden
- Two tier pool with Waterfall, planted with pond and marginal plants
- The lower garden area with a feature seating/viewpoint overlooking the valley beyond
- Further planting to provide interest from insects and create movement with the use of grasses to stimulate the senses.
- The client has added further features like birdhouse/table and feeders
- The garden now benefits with a bespoke greenhouse added post garden completion for the growing and overwintering of any tender garden plants